Monday, November 17, 2014

firewall - How to limit data usage of individual apps?


There are many apps out there to limit data usage of entire system. Using Firewall, I can block an app from accessing Internet, too.


But, I don't want these. I want to limit data usage of individual apps. e.g. - AppX should be firewalled if it comsumes 1GB within a day or month etc.

How can I achieve this?


I am rooted on ICS. I have tried to use Tasker but without luck.



Answer



I found this app "Onavo". I did not try it but maybe you want to ;)
I read that you can set the limit in the data usage settings.
But i don't find the settings, maybe because I use stock rom.

Hope this answer could help you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...