Thursday, November 13, 2014

rom flashing - Create burnable image of Android?


I'm using a tool to flash an Android device with a .img file. The tool is called USB Flash Burner. What this tool does is you boot the Android device up while pressing a paperclip in the reset button. Then you point the USB Burner Tool to an .img file and it writes over pretty much everything. Here are the instructions.



If you want to use the Amlogic USB Burning tools to update, please download the firmware here:


http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgl3R40


firmware update instruction for update via usb buring tool is here:


http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2014/11/24/how-to-flash-stock-firmware-on-mk808b-plus-quad-core-tv-stick/ please note, you should use the newest usb burning tool, download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zo7b5cy0nzb7o91/Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_New_Version.rar


If you want to use SD card to do the update, please download the firmware here: http://pan.baidu.com/s/18OSRc password: 9qca




Now my questions is how do I make my own .img file that I can use with the USB Burner Tool? Is the file that I burn using the USB Burner Tool a ROM? Firmware? And how do I go about creating the .img file needed? I need to make my own because I have to make a version that I can flash for other people. The devices of the other people are all exactly the same.


I already used TWRP to make a backup, and it give me boot.emmc.win, data.ext4.win, data.info, system.ext4.win, and system.info. This works but I have to insert the sd card in and press a bunch of buttons to make the recovery work. We deal with a lot of devices and with the USB Burner Tool it is faster and brings the device back if it is really bricked.


Thanks for any help! Also if you have pointers to help that would be appreciated about where I can look.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...