Sunday, November 9, 2014

google play store - Does Voting on Market Comments Have Any Effect?


In the Market you can choose to mark any comment on any app as one of the following:




  • Helpful

  • Unhelpful

  • Spam


Marking something as Spam will remove it from the list of comments, but only on the account that marked it as such (that is, if you view the comments from another person's account/phone, the comment is still there). Does marking a comment as Helpful/Unhelpful have any actual effects? If not, has Google ever laid out/announced any plans to use this feature in some way?



Answer



I have seen, with some of my apps that I have developed, a comment be there, and then later on, the comment is no longer visible.


And it's not from me marking it as spam, as I have looked on other devices too, just to confirm.


So it would look like that after "x" number of "spam/unhelpful" votes, it gets removed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...