Sunday, June 2, 2019

samsung galaxy s - Can you get a list of the RUNNING applications on Android for the purpose of activating them?


On my Samsung Galaxy S Android phone: if I start a couple of apps, I can get an overview of them in the 'Active applications' icon on my first screen.


Clicking this icon, shows me all active applications but allows me only to end them.


I find no way to activate them.


Pressing the center touchpath at the bottom displays the last 6 clicked icons - which may or may not be the ones running.


F.i. if I start 6 applications, I see these 6 icons, if I start a 7th one I see the last 6 started. I wont see the first icon again . So how can I activate this first one, other than knowing it is running, and tapping it's icon again ?


Please don't start telling me why I should start 6 or more applications. That's not the point, here , of course :)


ANSWER:


You can't - at least not by using the system as it is installed. A well, no big deal, really. Just wanted to see if I was missing something here. Coming from a Windows background (and aren't we all because otherwise we should be holding an iPhone now), this did not seem to illogical. Thanks for all answers.



Answer




The app Smart Taskbar will show you a list of the all tasks(apps) that are currently running on your device and allow you to switch to that app, similar to the native functionality but you are not limited to the 6 most recent apps.


Basically it opens from any screen and also lets you set some shortcuts and widgets and choose from all installed apps (like the app drawer) so you can complete any task from anywhere on your phone without having to go to the home screen first.


There are a bunch of other apps that let you switch between running apps, just search the market for "task switcher."


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...