Friday, June 14, 2019

Camera app that can use hardware buttons for making photo


I am searching for either a camera app with hardware button support, or for some other solution that would make it possible to use hardware buttons for making photo (shutter) in a camera app.



My phone, Samsung Galaxy S III mini doesn't have separate camera button, only power button, home button, back and menu buttons, and volume rocker. It is IMHO much easier to use hardware button than to try to hit software button on camera screen.


I think this should be possible, because built-in Phone Call app can be configured to accept call with Home button, and end / cancel the call with Power button.




This question can be considered to be continuation of How to assign a hardware button to camera which is about using hardware button (e.g. Home) to start camera.



Answer



While Is there an app for X questions are off-topic here, just a little hint: You might wish to take a look at ProCapture and A Better Camera, which both support the volume rocker for either shutter or zoom (configurable). I'm pretty sure they are not the only ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...