Sunday, June 9, 2019

Voice commands for contacts with unusual names


Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3.


My partner's name is not "anglo" and I have not worked out a way to pronounce it and have it understood. Are there work-arounds for this?



  1. Can I get the phone to pronounce the name so that I can try to use the same tortured pronunciation?

  2. Is there a way to set a simpler "nick name" for a contact that can be better understood?


  3. On my device, can Google Now do the same thing instead of S-Voice I.e. "Call partner_name/nickname" and would it be any better?



Answer



I would try the first approach, and have the system pronounce the name. To do so, a simple TTS app like Auto Speak Clipboard 2 will do: Install it, copy her name to the clipboard, send out all cats and your girl (to avoid their punishment), and have that app speak what it thinks the name should sound like. Have some Valerian ready in case you freak out ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...