Thursday, June 27, 2019

security - How to report potential abuse in Aptoide without becoming a member?


The Aptoide store is an alternative platform where you can get Android apps.


I found an app on Aptoide store via Google that has a size of 3.3 MB. The same app with the same app-version in F-Droid store has only a size of 1.1 MB. So I assume that this app is infected by malware.


The Aptoide's info about the suspicious app is



Xxxx is Unknown


This classification was assigned because: there is not enough information about the application in Aptoide Anti-Malware platform.





  • Scanned with Anti-Virus: Zoner Anti-Virus Sophos Anti-Virus AptoideGuard Malware Analyzer


    No Infections Detected No Infections Detected





In the Aptoide website belonging to the app, there is a "report abuse" button but this requires a login (which I don't have and don't want to have)


In the stores impressum, I found an email address so I wrote an email to Aptoide store admin. I got an automated email reply that I should use a web form to contact Aptoide with a link to the web form. So I filled in the web form and submitted it.


This was a week ago and since then nothing happened. The suspicious app is still available in the store and I got no email response.



Is there any other channel to Aptoide where I can report potential abuse without becoming a member?



Answer



To answer my own question: Non-member complaint was not possible in my case.


After registering as a new member and then using the "report abuse" link, Aptoide's "copyright infringement-workflow" did the job after one week.




After sending the second form I registered as a new user, loaded the page with the potential malicious app, flagged it as "virus", wrote a comment and pressed the "report abuse" button and send my text.


As a result of "report abuse" activity, I got an automated email



Thanks for your email!


Please submit your support request in this link



The form request is essential for us to help you, the ticket generated by this email will stay on hold with low priority until you send us your request via the form below!



where the link points to https://aptoide.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new


After one additional week, I got an email that the app has been removed from the store.


It was a reply to pushing the "report abuse" link that was made to handle copyright problems with the standard email-text for this use case



Aptoide is deeply committed with the respect of the IPR of Android Developers.



Nevertheless, the suspicious app is not available anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...