Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Can I disable USB Debugging on Android smartpones from Windows via adb.exe?


I have to install Applications on dozens of android smartphones and I am currently writing a program to automate this process. I know I can't remotely enable USB Debugging, so my question is: Can I use ADB.exe to send a command to the smartphone that disables USB Debugging immediatly or puts the disable in a command queue to execute at next reboot?


Thanks



Answer



If the device in question is ed, you can write to the system settings directly from a shell command in adb shell. The name of the setting to write depends on which Android version you have.


If your device isn't rooted, you can't change the USB debugging setting from adb or any non-system app.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...