Monday, June 3, 2019

sd card - Why do I always lose this file?


I run a dual-booted HD2 from SDCard/HaRET with MIUI Android & stock WM6.5.


I keep a copy of this file in \Storage Card\My Documents for listening in CorePlayer and survive possible hard resets.


However, everytime, and I really mean every time I boot MIUI this file disappears from the SD card. I'm unable to locate it from Android and when I reboot into Windows I see no traces of it.


Why the hell (can I say hell?) does Android delete the file from SD on every single boot? Does it hate M3U files?




Answer



Android scans your sd card. When it finds an MP3 playlist (m3u file) it looks for media files in the same path, if it does not find any, it deletes the playlist because it thinks it is empty.


To stop this from happening create a file in the folder with the m3u file called .nomedia. This will tell the media scanner to ignore the content in the folder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...