Tuesday, June 25, 2019

linux - How do I get my phone to connect the internal SD by USB?


I recently rooted and upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S2 to version 4, ICS.


Since doing so, when I connect my device by USB to my Ubuntu computer, only the 12GB internal storage shows up on my desktop and in Banshee.


How do I get my 16GB SD card to also mount on Ubuntu, so that it is available for transferring music files and so on?




Update


According to one answer below, and also in instructions I've now seen elsewhere on the web, I should be able to adjust my USB connection mode by following the following instructions:




1.Bring up Settings.


2.Click More… (under Wireless and network).


3.Then select USB utilities ~ Set USB cable connection mode.


4.Select Connect storage to PC



However, I am stopped at step 3 because I do not have a "USB Utilities" option under Settings -> More.... What I have looks like this:


settings more


I don't know if this is the make-or-break factor that will get my USB connectivity as hoped, but in any case, shouldn't I have the option since everyone else seems to? What can I do to get it?





Details


Here is the storage settings as seen on my phone. As you can see, there are 2 entries of "Internal Storage", one of about 2GB, and one of a little under 12GB.


Then there is an "SD Card", which seems to have about 15 GB, but it is grey and I am unsure if this is really my SD card or not.


Then under "USB Storage", I have the option to mount an SD card, which is problematic, because I already have my card inserted, and seemingly mounted (as described after this image):


storage settings


If I press the menu key while in the storage settings interface, I get two options:


options


For "USB computer connection", I have these settings which I don't think I want to change, because MTP does not work with my Galaxy Tab, so I'm not confident it will work with my Galaxy S2. I tried the camera option, but that made it so my phone appeared with a camera icon on my computer, limited the directories, and did not do much to help:


USB computer connection


For "Storage configuration", I tried "Use internal Storage" both on and off, but it does not seem to make a difference:



storage configuration


Here is a screen shot from PowerAmp, which seems to think my music is located in a directory called "emmc". The music is accessible from within PowerAmp, but I can not access it when I connect my phone by USB:


power amp emmc


PowerAmp tells me I can actually find the emmc directory, where my music seems to be stored, in two locations, /emmc and /mnt/emmc:


power ampt two emmcs


When I connect my phone by USB, it looks like this. Note no emmc directory, nor any Music directory, and if you look at the side, there is one 12 GB Filesystem, no entry for my 16GB SD card:


12GB filesystem


And lastly here is the 12 GB drive's properties:


12GB properties



Answer




The solution was to wipe and reflash the ROM. I guess the earlier ROM I had was just messed up as far as USB is concerned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...