Saturday, June 22, 2019

sync - Google account not saving Wifi passwords, apps, etc


My favorite part about Android is how Google backups almost everything for you without you actually really noticing. I just got a Nexus 5 and logged in to my Google account right away. I noticed it did not start installing all my apps right away and now when I go over to friends' houses their wifi passwords aren't saved from before. This is really annoying cause they all have default router passwords that are extremely long.


I installed a few ROMs just to play around with the phone, and each time I did the initial setup and signed in to Google, it would not sync anything...


I have "Back up my data, Backup account, Automatic restore" all set in settings. Any ideas why this is happening to my Google account?



Answer



That's a pretty well known "feature". Don't worry, your data is backed up there – it only does not restore. And you cannot even really delete it there. So in some way, it's "safe"...



Things you might want to look up in this context:



There are many many more references I could give, but that would be a bit much for here. So a last hint: check the "Linked" and "Related" question links on the ASE Q&As I've linked here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...