Thursday, June 20, 2019

camera - Taking raw photos using Android devices



I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. Is there a way in Android or an app that can take raw photos? I.e. have the raw camera data to process in a program like Photoshop. I am using Android 4.2.2.



Answer



NO, there is no public API that allows developers to create camera apps that takes raw photos. Based on what I've read in dpreview.com, implementation would have to be at driver level, and specific to each device.


Also, raw files taken by camera phones would also look nasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...