Wednesday, June 19, 2019

external sd - When should I run a consistency check on my removable MicroSD card?


I own an Android device with a removable MicroSD card. The card uses either FAT32 or ExFAT technology. These are "non-journaling filesystem" technologies, so the data on the cards can become corrupted in certain cases.


Perhaps I should run a consistency check (e.g. fsck / Chkdsk / ScanDisk) every so often.


A) How often should I run a consistency check on my MicroSD card?


B) Also, if my device sometimes freezes and I must power it off using the power button, must I run a consistency check every time?



Answer



Usually you don't need to run consistency checks on filesystems manually. vold runs filesystem check (fsck.exfat or fsck_msdos) everytime before mounting a supported filesystem (including exFAT and FAT[N]) on secondary external storage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...