Sunday, February 17, 2019

wallpaper - Where is the background image saved?


Here's my situation:


I had an image from a website which I set as my background inside the browser. I am wondering now where I can find the image in the file system, because I can't find it online anymore. I am rooted.



Answer



I'm not sure if it's the same on older systems, but on ICS it appears to save directly to /data/data/com.android.settings/files/wallpaper. I set mine from the browser, pulled that file, then changed it to a .png extension and viola - it was the image I had set.


It also appears that this file simply gets overwritten when you change your wallpaper, so I don't see a way to recover one once it's changed unless you have a copy of the image somewhere else.


This also appears to be where it's saved on CyanogenMod 7, so it's possible that this is the "standard" location (certainly a good place to check, at least).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...