Tuesday, February 26, 2019

offline - How to load public route into Google Maps?


Let's say there is a route:


https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=pl&msa=0&msid=104314102588659350539.00043799567b09d5f132f&z=12


I have Google Maps (application) in my Android phone.



QUESTION: how can I load a route (as one above) so I could later turn it on (to see it over the map) and off (not to delete, just to make it disappear from the map)?


I am interested in downloading it (storing) for later off-line usage.



Answer



Is this the route you want to take offline in Google Maps app:
Google Maps Android App showing public route


How did I take it to Google Maps app? Well, I opened this question in Dolphin Browser and tapped the link you provided. It gave me Share via.. pop-up from which I chose Maps. Done!


To push links to Android device, you don't need to publish it on web. There are plenty of options available viz. AirDroid. You can use Gmail too. In Android device, just open that link in web browser.


If Share via.. pop-up doesn't appear with your web browser, it means that its not tightly integrated with Android. I'd recommend you to use Dolphin Browser because I have tested it.


To make it offline, just hit Options key & you'll find Make available offline option...
Make available offline option of Google Maps



To later use this map, just tap Layers icon on top bar (on bottom bar in ICS) & choose the route:
Layers icon of Google Maps app


Note: I've put screenshots from a Gingerbread device. My ICS device is currently not available. If you're running ICS or above, it'll be slightly different.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...