Wednesday, February 20, 2019

2.2 froyo - Show the time an SMS was sent, not received


Scenario is as follows-



  • Switch flight mode on. Go into meeting/go to sleep.

  • Switch flight mode off. Receive a message.

  • Timestamp on the message is the time received.



With my old Nokia, under details it would show the time the message was actually sent. Is it possible to show this on Android?



Answer



There is an app called SMS Timestamper that appends the received time to incoming text messages. Worth mentioning for those not comfortable with fiddling with the OS's internals, or those unsure if it would work on their version of the firmware. I'm on JPO so I didn't want to chance it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...