Tuesday, February 12, 2019

applications - How can I see how much internet bandwidth each process is using at the moment?


On Android, I have a nice Xposed module which shows me the current internet usage, but for the whole system, not per app:




On my desktop computer I have this expandable panel item which shows me exactly which apps are using the internet connection at any given moment. It also shows me exactly how much they're uploading and downloading per second right now, on a per app basis. The UI looks like this:


enter image description here


So I wonder if this is possible on Android as well. I'm asking for a per app metric of up/down usage right now, as in the above screenshot from my desktop computer.


Is there any way to get that?


To clarify even more, I'm asking for current speed, not past, accumulated usage.


Solutions that require root access and Xposed Framework are welcome.



Answer



Simple System Monitor does that


Relevant feature from app description




View list of active apps and processes and their CPU usage, RAM usage, network activity, PID and UID.



If you monitor the Active Processes tab you can see the change in data usage. You can order the view based on parameters as shown in the second screen shot. The default update interval in settings is 3 seconds which can be varied as per need. If you worried about battery consumption , you can pause the app from the menu option on top left


enter image description here enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...