Thursday, February 21, 2019

file system - How to change random filesystem label on USB OTG?


I am without PC right now, but I need to Format USB Drive (to FAT32 or Ext4) with Samsung S8 (Android 9) and change label. But I can't find any app that can do this. I can format USB drive in Storage Menu, but without any options, it just gives it Random number name (I can see it in Total commander) and I think it's Ext4, but again no options. Is there any option to rename the Label?


I found they there is Aparted app (port of gparted) but it needs ROOT and also it gives random label.


I also tried to rename drive in Total commander, but it says it's ranamed, but in reality it has old label. Thanks for any help :).




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...