Sunday, February 10, 2019

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Blue arrow pointer in Google Maps won't update whichever way I'm facing?


On the Google Maps app, I see a blue arrow pointer. I've seen this on a previous version of maps back in Gingerbread. I think at some point in time, they removed this feature and made it look simply like a circle. But now I see that it's back. However, it seems to be stuck on the same direction regardless if I rotate my phone in whichever way.


Android reports on the notification bar that the "Location set by GPS" already so that rules out the possibility that it's still waiting for GPS data. The weird thing is it will sometimes change direction but on random occasions only. Is there a way to force it to re-calibrate or something? I find it really useful back then for navigating places where I'm not familiar with and would like to use it again now.


I'm now on Ice Cream Sandwich. Same phone.


EDIT: I have downloaded 3rd party compass apps from the Play Store and they work without problems. The phone is ST17i.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...