Saturday, February 9, 2019

languages - Does Samsung Galaxy S Indian ROM (latest DDJP6) has Bengali support?



I've read in several forums that Indian version of Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) supports Hindi language. Some of them mentioned it should support Bengali/Bangla also.


Can anyone here confirm that- 1) The latest Froyo firmware DDJP6 for Samsung Galaxy S supports Bengali? I don't need IME/a Bengali keyboard, just ability to render Bengali websites (like, Bengali Wikipedia) properly would be great.


2) If it doesn't support Bengali out of the box, does installing a Bengali fallback font serve the purpose? Please note that merely showing Bengali characters won't help. As this is a complex language, a proper shaper must be present in firmware to render kar/matra and conjuncts correctly.




Update: I have recently bought a Samsung Galaxy series device. Yes, its Indian ROM has Bangla shaper, only replacing DroidSansFallback.ttf with a Bangla font will do.



Answer



I have latest official firmware sgs. I can see hindi website, but no bangla.....at all!!!


u can use the procedure to see bangla fonts by http://suhreed.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/how-to-install-bangla-font-on-samsung-galaxy-tab/ or http://blog.mehedi.me/bangla-font-on-android/


thanking you


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...