Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Atrocious battery life with Cyanogenmod 11 on Galaxy S4 mini



I love so many things about CM10, but the battery life is an absolute nightmare. I made a comparison against the stock firmware by leaving the phone unused for as long as I could. Results:


Stock: ~5.2 days standby to full discharge


CM10: ~1.7 days of standby to full discharge


Is there anything I can do about this, or is CM10 simply not supported properly on my device?




Made these screenshots on my S4 mini by leaving it unused for as long as I could. In the CM10 example it actually powered off due to low battery and I had to plug it in before it would even turn on again, so this is NOT due to any calibration; the battery was actually empty at the end of the test. But even if you take the final charge as 15%, the numbers are still atrocious.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...