Sunday, February 17, 2019

LineageOS : upgrade nightly to unofficial


I have a lineageos 14.1 nightly signed (downloaded from the official website) installed on my phone. I built a 14.1 from the sources following the official wiki (tagged unofficial build). Currently I have this message saying to wipe the /data :



Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset



I don't understand why I should wipe my data, I thought that it was only when changing to a different ROM.


I want to know if there is a way to flash an unofficial without losing my data or why is that needed.



Answer



I found out that the release key is different, so a simple key migration solve it. The steps are explained on the Wiki.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...