Friday, February 15, 2019

root access - Not able to install google apps after following the suggested steps


I have a retail tablet(Crystal Audio, GR) that after many tries I have managed to root it, with Kingo Root. I can the application SuperSu installed and when I am trying to perform root actions, it asks me for granting privileges. Everything godd, up here.


I have followed the steps described here (moved apks to system and try to install them etc) but I cannot install them. After tapping the apks and clicking install, it returns with an error "Installation not done". I have tried to do it with adb, but I am not allowed to remount /system as rw(kernel issue?).


How to proceed? Any ideas appreciated.



Answer



The solution that seemed to work, at last, was the following. I connected the tablet with USB into my PC. Then downloaded the signed package of gapps for my Android version, from http://Goo.im and moved it in the same dir as the adb executable.


After that, I booted the tablet in recovery mode, chose the option "Update from ADB", and run the command "adb sideload gapps.zip", where gapps.zip is the filename downloaded earlier. Everything run good and I can now see, the necessary services.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...