Sunday, July 17, 2016

Browse or mount SD card over WiFi on Linux?



Is there a way to browse the contents of my SD card from my Linux (Ubuntu 10.04) machine over WiFi?


I used to connect with a mini-usb cable, or send files through gmail. Surely there must be a way to access the files through wifi.


My main focus is ease-of-use, I don't particularly care about speed or security. Although I do prefer a non-cloud solution due to privacy concerns.


(I have not actively searched for a solution yet. I will do this now, so maybe I will answer my own question. Which, as I understood from Atwood, is proper use of a StackExchange site.)



Answer



I use FTPServer ( http://www.appbrain.com/app/ftpserver/lutey.FTPServer ) to browse and copy files to and from my phone over wifi. On Ubuntu you can connect to an FTP server and browse it as if it is a directory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...