Saturday, July 23, 2016

samsung nexus s - Where is current wallpaper stored on Jellybean?


On my Nexus S running 4.1.1, I am unable to find where the current wallpaper is stored. I referred to Where is the background image saved?, but my /data/data/com.android.settings/files folder is empty (I do have my file browser showing hidden files). It was confirmed in that question that ICS stored it in that location, but did Jellybean move it to a different place?



Answer



The wallpaper was in


data/data/com.android.settings/files/

on previous versions of Android. However it appears that it was moved as part of the multi-user preparations. The current location is


data/system/users/0/


The file is conveniently called wallpaper and it is a png file.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...