Wednesday, July 6, 2016

backup - Anyone know where memos are stored on a Samsung Galaxy S6?


I hooked my S6 up to a Win8 computer, and there were about 30-something folders on the S6. So I copied everything to my PC. Now I'm trying to find some of the info that was on my phone, like memos, and I can't figure out which folder they're in. They've got to be here somewhere. Does anyone know which folder the memos are stored in?


By memos, I'm talking about the default memo app that comes with the Samsung S6.



Answer



Let's see: The package name of the Memo app on Samsung phones is called com.samsung.android.app.memo.
There is no such folder in sdcard\Android\data, so it has to be in /data/data/.


And how correct I am:

Using adb shell and giving myself root access (su) to access /data, I am able to explore my own private data.



Now let's look inside and we find a databases folder with a memo.db inside:



Using some simple SQL and sqlite3 we can take a look inside the database itself:



There are our memos. Note that they are also saved as XML including any extra data needed for the app itself.



Yes you need root access or use Samsung's backup tool to make a backup of your memos.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...