Thursday, July 21, 2016

sync - How do I restore a contact I deleted on my Android phone, but not in GMail contacts?


The contact in question had the wrong phone number in Viber, so I deleted it from Viber. I later found out that Viber had deleted it from my contacts, so I had lost all of the other correct information.


Logging in to GMail contacts on the desktop showed that the contact still existed. I proceeded to correct the faulty phone number and tried to sync my contacts from my phone, but this particular contact never shows up.


Is there any way around this?



Answer



Method 1 Stop syncing with Google account, check that all Google contacts are gone, set up sync again.


Method 2 Remove the Google account, add it again.



(You can do both in Accounts & Sync from phone Settings.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...