Saturday, July 30, 2016

updates - Does upgrading bootloader wipe your data?


I'm about to flash an update to Android 4.4.2 on my Nexus 4, downloaded from Google Developers, and one of the files that it's going to flash is the new bootloader version.


I wanted to know if flashing a new bootloader will re-lock my fastboot, which will require me to unlock it wiping my data, or if it will in any other way cause my data to be wiped.



Answer



Ok, I made a backup in case and then I performed the upgrade.


End result: It did not wipe my data. It did not re-lock my fastboot, or any other side effect that I could find except updating the bootloader version either.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...