Friday, July 1, 2016

gps - Maps location out by 12,742km - the other side of the world


OK, I am mystified.


We used to live in the UK. Two plus years ago we moved to New Zealand. My wife has just bought a brand new samsung galaxy note 10.1 (running 4.0). I have installed 4.2 on my eeePC.


When we run "Maps" BOTH devices show our location as our old house in the UK from two plus years ago.


The galaxy note has a built in GPS. Location services are turned on. A GPS status and indeed other free apps show the correct location in New Zealand.



My eeePC does not have a GPS. We both created new gmail accounts for these devices.


Surely the built-in GPS should have priority over any guessed position nonsense.


My questions:


1) Where is it getting the old position from? 2) How can we fix the Galaxy Note 10.1? (my wife is not very happy)




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...