Wednesday, July 20, 2016

adb - How to Clear Caches in LG G2 Running Lollipop 5.0.2



The Lollipop update for AT&T LG G2 has pretty much destroyed my phone. I'm hoping clearing out every sort of cache might help. But I can't clear the caches the usual ways because (1) the Settings app always crashes when I am in the section where you clear app caches, as does any other app that is made for clearing caches, and (2) restarting into recovery doesn't provide options for clearing any caches. Plus, I'm curious about how to clear ART caches since I haven't found much information about them online. By the way, my phone is not rooted.


So, the question is: How do I clear (1) app caches, (2) individual apps' caches, (3) Dalvik cache (if applicable anymore), and (4) ART cache under these restraints? I'm thinking I'll have to do something via adb, but I can't find info anywhere on how to do it.


Thanks for any help you can provide!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...