Saturday, July 23, 2016

5.0 lollipop - Force 720p Resolution on InForce 6540



I'm working with an InForce 6540 board that has 5.0.2 Lollipop installed.


I am trying to connect a display device that has a max resolution of 720p at 60hz. I am using a micro HDMI connection.


The 6540 detects the display as a 1080p dislplay and uses that resolution.


I tried to change the resolution with adb root.




adb shell cat /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb1/edid_modes 
( to check which modes the display device supports)

adb shell setprop hw.hdmi.resolution 13
(or other supported number, checked the .cpp file to see what each number means for resolution.)


adb shell stop

adb shell start



This did not work, and I tried it on a different display device that supports more resolutions, and it did not work either.


I have also tried the command wm, but that only resizes the amount of screen it is currently using. (It scales versus changing actual display resolution)


My display shows static on the bottom half, and on the top, it shows the whole display but cut. The right side of the display is cut and displayed on the left with everything shifted to the right.


Any help would be appreciated. I know this is not a normal problem.





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...