Wednesday, July 13, 2016

google play store - Move paid apps between devices?



I have an android phone(1) on 2.3.3 and a tablet(2) on preorder that will be on 3. (And a bad gadget habit.)


Can I, when the tablet arrives, uninstall paid apps on the phone and install them on the tablet? It feels like I should be able to since I've paid for a copy of the app linked to that Google account it shouldn't matter which linked device it's on. (Why? Some stuff I've paid for will look better/be more useful on the tablet.)


I've looked online, but most people are asking about moving paid apps from broken phones (ie when they can't uninstall from the first device) or trying to run the same paid app on multiple devices which is piracy/cheap.


(1) nexus one (2) xoom



Answer



I bought an Anchor tabled last week , and using my Google account, was able to download the application I bought on my Samsung Galaxy S phone, without any problems.


So I think, from my experience, you can download the same software again, as long as it's coupled with the same Google account.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...