Saturday, July 2, 2016

Can you setup android gmail to play a sound when an email from a certain email address comes in?


I have my work emails forwarded to my phone and I'd like to be able to give them precedence over emails to my gmail. Is this possible? Or can I setup my work email using POP and then use a different tone for those?



Answer



Not with the Gmail app that comes with the phone, no. But, if you really wanted this, you could do it like so:




  1. Create a new Gmail account, like emailsfrommyfriendjohnsmith@gmail.com.





  2. Setup the new Gmail account in your Android phone, and enable notifications.




  3. In the Gmail web interface, set up a filter in your current Gmail account that has all email from your friend forwarded to the new email address. (You will still see these emails in your regular inbox.)




Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...