Thursday, February 4, 2016

cyanogenmod - OpenVPN browser tunneling


I hope I do not say silly things, or discounted, but I'm a newbie, at least for vpn.



I want use my browser to connect on my corporate intranet via VPN connection, but I'm not able to do it.


Someone can help me?


Some information: I tried 2 way to confgure OpenVPN:




I've configured OpenVPN via openvpn-settings apps (using pre-created cert files located on /openvpn ). The .ovpn config files sound like


 port yyyy
dev tun
\#dev-node ovpn
proto tcp-client
remote xxx1.xxxx.it yyyy

remote xxx2.xxxx.it yyyy
remote xxx3.xxxx.it jjj
remote xxx4.xxxx.it jjj
ping 30

persist-tun persist-key

tls-client
ca xxx.ca.crt
cert xxx.aaaa.bbbb.crt

key xxx.aaaa.bbbb.key

ns-cert-type server
comp-lzo
pull
verb 5

I connect to VPN with no problems, and I can use for example ssh to connect on my corporate Linux server.




I've created a VPN from Menu->Settings-> Wireless & network-> VPN settings -> add VPN-> add VPN OpenVPN and set parameters according with the previous .ovpn config file I connect also to VPN with no problems, and I can use for example ssh to connect on my corporate linux server.





On both cases I'm not able to browse intranet. So I checked the IP address I go out with, pointing to http://m.showip.net/, and it displayed my provider IP, not the assigned VPN IP! Is it possible that VPN don't tunnel all traffic? Maybe I need to change the default gateway somehow?


My O.S. is



Android 2.3.7
kernel 2.6.35.14-nFinity
ROM Cyanogenmod 7.1.0.1 stable
Phone HTC Wildfire (Buzz)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...