Sunday, February 28, 2016

customization - How hard is it to modify Android to add/remove required applications


I am new to Android world and I am really curious about how difficult it is to modify OS to add/remove applications. I am not talking about installing/removing apps from Android Market, but actually customizing OS to only include apps of my choice. That includes both standard/system apps as well as apps from Android Market. For example, what if I only wanted to have access to Google Voice application (and nothing else)? I guess in this custom version of the OS, I would not necessary have to remove the application, but could just somehow hide it from user.



In any case, any clues on the amount of effort/approach would be greatly appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...