Thursday, February 4, 2016

applications - Any way to schedule a passive profile-change? (connectivity, volume etc.)


What I am wondering is if there is any way to make Android change its profiles passively from one state to the other at e.g. 3 pm in the afternoon local time:



  • Through Android internally (with some tweaks)

  • Through an Android app

  • Through a 3rd party mod (Cyanogen etc.)

  • Through ...?


Whereas the state change should be:




  • From "Airplane mode" (set) to Wifi/3G

  • From "Mute"/vibration (set) to maximum volume, i.e. visible sound

  • Optionally: From E-Mail/Notifications on-demand (Pull) to "Push", i.e. the moment I get out of airplane mode and mute/vibrate mode, I want to get the push alerts of the last hours.


I wonder if 3. is possible, I never changed much concerning my notification settings.


Any Android version welcome, currently I run 4.0, but plan to upgrade to CM10.


What I don't want (and don't have) is NCF, because it involves me being active. The whole reason for having a scheduled, predefined activity is that I can "set and forget" it and can focus on my work being assured that I will keep my deadline or whatever. I don't want to be actively involved.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...