Monday, February 29, 2016

backup - How to back up my current android ID?


I want to flash a new rom, but it will change my android ID. Is there any way to just back up my current android ID WITHOUT make a whole-system-backup?



Answer



Backup the "Settings Storage" app from TitaniumBackup. That will help you store your android ID. If you want to restore it, unfortunately, you'll have to use TitaniumBackup pro since it is the only app which lets you restore your Android ID.


Taken from XDA:



Settings Storage - Be careful when you restore this. For eg: its not a good idea to restore CM9 settings to an AOKP ROM or vice versa. This is best used when you know exactly what you are doing. Also, a lot of differences between ROMs will probably be the fact that it provides some new customization options in the settings. So restoring this doesnt make sense unless you know for sure that they are the same. Handle with care.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...