Monday, February 15, 2016

cyanogenmod - How can I tell what is really draining my battery?


I know that by going to Settings > About Phone > Battery Use, I can get some idea of the applications that are using up the most of my battery. I see things like "Cell standby", "Phone idle", and "Wi-fi"; is there any way to drill down even further and find out what is really draining my battery? For example, I am fairly certain that GPS usage is included under 'Cell Standby'.


Any help would be appreciated; I have had my phone for only about three months, and the battery goes from 100% to 0% over the course of two-ish days with minimal usage (some browsing, check-ins), and I cannot figure what is draining the battery.


EDIT


I am mostly interested in ways of diagnosing power usage in a less broad way, but in the interests of finding out what could possibly be draining my battery, here is what my 'battery use' is reporting at the moment:



  • 38% - Cell Standby

  • 33% - Phone Idle

  • 20% - Wi-Fi

  • 6% - Display


  • 2% - Angry Birds

  • 2% - Maps


I have been on battery for 8h 50m, and the charge has gone from 100% to 64%.



Answer



Try out an app called Watchdog.


It monitors your apps and alerts you to anything that is using your cpu excessively. It might help unless it something that's draining consistently at a low level.


I'd have to agree that it doesn't sound like you have a problem. Battery life seems good.


Juice Plotter is another battery monitor that you might be interested in and its companion app Juice defender might help squeeze extra life out of your phone as it can switch off your 3G off unless needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...