Saturday, February 13, 2016

2.3 gingerbread - Unable to Setup Google Account on Android 2.3


After Factory Reset, In order to use Play store and Gmail I want to setup Google account on Samsung GT-S6802. When I tries to setup Google Account, In-spite of right user-name and password, following window appearers:


screen-shot3



When I open gmail form browser, I've mail from google subject:Sign-in attempt prevented and says:



Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account hidden@gmail.com from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.



screenshotgmail


When I review, it shows unknown device but on browser it detects my device.


So, How do I face this issue and setup google account?



Answer



I had the same problem and I solved it this way:




  1. Log in here using a web browser .


  2. On Login and Security, at the bottom of the page there's an option "Allow less safe apps" which would be set as disabled. Set it to enable and now you can log-in using your device.



    Allow less secure apps: ON


    Some non-Google apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which could leave your account vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps (which we recommend) or choose to use them despite the risks.





Note: The words might be a little different as I saw that Google page in Portuguese, but the option should relatively be at the same position on the page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...