Wednesday, July 31, 2019

wi fi - Restoring wpa_supplicant.conf [root]


I have a rooted Nexus 5 (Lollipop 5.1) which just decided to restart itself and clear out my saved WiFi passwords!


Luckily I make regular manual backups of the wpa_supplicant.conf file from /data/misc/wifi to /sdcard.


However I am trying to restore this file so that the networks appear again under Wifi > Saved Networks but I am having no luck!


I have tried to copy the file from /sdcard to /data/misc/wifi and /system/etc/wifi (even though I'm pretty sure it's the one in /data that Android uses) using ES File Explorer. The networks do not show up and after restarting the phone, the file in /data resets itself and the one in /system is remains.


I have also tried copying the file using Terminal Emulator and also running chown on the file in /data but this also hasn't worked.


Any ideas as to why Android doesn't accept the restored file?





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...