Friday, July 19, 2019

google maps - Prevent music volume from being lowered when using turn-by-turn navigation


I use a Nexus 6 on Lollipop. Sometimes I'll try to listen to music over Bluetooth while using Google Maps turn-by-turn navigation in my car. The volume on the music is reduced whenever Google Maps gives the next turn, which is irritating. I changed the settings in Google Maps to output using the device's speaker, but it still lowers the media volume over Bluetooth to give me turn information.



Is there any way -- ideally without needing root privileges -- to prevent this from happening?



Answer



I'm not sure at what point it was added, but it is now possible to mute turn-by-turn navigation. This is not exactly ideal (I'd prefer to have the directions come out of the phone speaker and not pause Bluetooth), but it will do the job. Google provides instructions here:



You can silence voice navigation by touching the mute button.



  1. Open the Google Maps app maps. Maps logo

  2. Start navigation.

  3. In the top right, touch Sound. Sound

  4. Touch Mute. Mute



To turn voice navigation back on, touch Mute > Sound.


Tip: You can also silence voice navigation by touching the volume controls on your device.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...