Saturday, July 13, 2019

custom roms - How to unbrick Sony Xperia C2305?


Today I was installing custom ROM on my xperia C. After installation completes, I reboot the phone. Now, it is not starting. I tried pressing keys(power, vol up, vol down) with different different combinations but nothing happens.


The only response I am getting is either connecting to charge or connecting via usb cable to PC and that response is it is just showing RED light as notification only. It isn't getting boot in FLASH mode so that I can Flash it with new firmware.


The reason I concluded for this is that the ROM I installed wasn't for Xperia C.





Here's what I did that led to the current situation:



  1. Copied a ROM of another device (I think it was of Micromax a116) on to my sd card. link to that rom

  2. Rebooted my phone in and wiped all cache, partitions and data with cache.

  3. Installed zip from sd card.

  4. After successfull installation, again clean the dalvik cache.

  5. Rebooted phone.


There it popped up an option I do not clearly remember, something like "flash recovery mode not installed (yes/no)". I just slide for back option and screen blanked out. After that nothing happens. Only RED Light after connecting USB.


Anybody help me!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...