Saturday, July 6, 2019

nexus 7 - My space used and free space doesn't add up


See pic - the numbers don't add up!



free space
Screenshot (click for larger variant)


This is a 16GB Nexus 7 The listed items only add up to a little over 9GB. So 4GB worth of files are missing.


How can I find those missing files?



Answer



If the displayed detailed would be complete, you'd be correct: 1.28G + 7.28G + 200K + 282M + 762M = 9.6 GB total space -- while the summary says 13.24G. Explanation is easy: The details list is not complete. It e.g. misses Cache, temporary files, log files, tombstones, and probably some more.


Where to find those? In the file system, and for completeness this requires root. For some more details, please take a look at corresponding questions by following the tags and . A good source to start with is the question Something is secretly eating up my tablet memory and I need help finding it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...