Friday, July 26, 2019

security - Smart Lock, and multi-factor authentication?


I am using Marshmallow, and I use the built-in encryption mechanism. Typing my password every time the screen locks is a pain. I would like to leverage Smart Lock to have the following ideal situation:



  • If my phone is far away from me, I'd like the phone to immediately lock; thus requiring a password to decrypt. (This way, if my phone is lost, or even stolen, then my data will be safe.)

  • If my phone is nearby me, I'd like it to simply "soft lock" my screen; i.e., require either a PIN or facial recognition to unlock the screen, but not my full password. (This way, if I leave my my phone at my desk at work, for example, someone sneaky can't snatch it and snoop at my text messages or who knows what.)


Before I go on a wild goose chase, can someone please tell me if this setup is possible with Android?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...