Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Are Google photo high quality pictures compressed even if they're under 16 megapixels?


Recently, Google has changed the Google Photos app so that everyone has free and unlimited access to store 16 megapixel files.


The camera on my phone is under 16 megapixel. When I downloaded the app, it asked me whether I wanted to keep the photos in original or high quality.


I would like to take advantage of the free storage so my question is if the photos are originally less than 16 megapixel, is high quality going to be the same as original or would google compress it more?


Also, what happens to the existing photos on my Google Drive that are less than 16 megapixels? Are they automatically not counted toward my quota or do I need to somehow migrate them to Google Photos? Just that, the majority of the files on my Drive are photos (which are less than 16 megapixels) and since I've downloaded Photos, the space available has not changed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...