Sunday, July 7, 2019

Boot loop after updating to official Android 6.0 Marshmallow on my Nexus 5



Last day I got the notification to download and install official Android 6.0 Marshmallow in my Nexus 5, which is not rooted, was running Android 5.1.1 and no custom ROM. As I downloaded and installed it, from that point its gone to boot loop state (the four dot animation is endlessly running).


I have already searched the web for solution like Boot loop after flashing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on my Nexus 5, Boot loop after flashing android 6.0 marshmallow on nexus 5 follow up and many more, but not tried. Because all those help seekers had tried to manually OS install or phone was rooted or already had custom ROM, but my Nexus 5 did not have any of those.


I had tried "wipe cache partition" and reboot, but it did not helped. As I don't had any data backup of my phone storage, the last thing I will be willing to do is "wipe data/factory reset". As my phone's usb debugging was enabled and I had adb in my desktop, so I have also tried to copy data from my phone using the "adb pull" command in boot looped mood. But also did not got any luck, may be "adp pull" command don't work in booting mood or I am doing something wrong with the command.


Any help to backup/recover the data or solution of the boot loop problem without "wipe data/factory reset" is appreciated. Thanks in advance.....



Answer



After trying many things I was not able save my data and also had to root my device. Normal flashing didn't help also. I had the problem of persist partition. The life saver was this thread on XDA Developers, where I found my device's problem and solution. The thread link was found from this question. Thanks to the thread writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...