Sunday, July 28, 2019

2.2 froyo - Android and Google contacts not syncing


For some reason I have 10 contacts in my Google Contacts account, but I have 50 contacts on my Android phone. I have signed into my Google Account from my Android phone and I have enabled



settings > accounts & sync > background data
settings > accounts & sync > auto-sync
settings > accounts & sync > oshirowanen@gmail.com > sync contacts

Why are my contacts not syncing?


I have tried switching my phone off and on, and I have also tried deselecting and then selecting


settings > accounts & sync > oshirowanen@gmail.com > sync contacts

to force a sync, but nothing has worked so far.



Answer




All contacts that have a group will sync. Those contacts that don't have a group (ie "Other Contacts") will not.


Go to Gmail on a PC and choose contacts (I haven't tested from a phone). There is a default group called "My Contacts" and there is a default group called "Other contacts" I would guess you don't have any or very few in "My Contacts".


Open a contact and make sure they are assigned a group. Either "My Contacts" or a custom group underneath that.


This way you can still have contacts in Gmail without having them in your phone. BTW anytime you get an email and the contact is new, it is put in "Other Contacts".


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...