Monday, July 15, 2019

applications - Calendar access from apps: only some calendars are displayed



I've Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro with Android 2.1 and root. I want to have a separate timetable calendat that will not be visible in some places (calendar app). I think I've some good reasons for creating a seperate calendar.


I sync calendars in my phone with my Google account. I've enabled auto-sync, but I've tried to force sync manually.


However, although the Sony Ericsson calendar app* can see all the calendars, other apps (e.g. Jorte, Business Calendar Beta, Profile timer and Android Agenda Widget) can't. They can see only some older calendars. Deleting visible calendars didn't solve this problem: the deleted calendars had disappeared, but the new calendars haven't been shown.


I've also tried to delete my account and resync, but it says "This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your data)...".


I've also tried to find something interresting in ddms. Error like this is displayed regurarly once a minute (almost exactly, see http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/8eey69l4/plochu1_086.png ): ERROR/ActivityThread(2823): Failed to find provider info for calendarEx


*) Sony Ericsson has replaced the default calendar app by their one.



Answer



So I've finally solved it using the update command (disable sync; restart; update; restart; enable sync) and ot seems to work well. The update command was like:


UPDATE Calendars SET sync_events=1, selected=1 WHERE _id > 3


I had tried compiling the Android Calendar from source, but I was getting sone errors about invalid NDK or SDK version.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...