Thursday, July 11, 2019

wi fi - Authentication problem while connecting to WiFi hot spot!


I just unboxed my androidOne device (Micromax Canvas A1) and while connnecting to my WiFi hotspot it loops through:



  1. When entered the password, proxy etc: Saved, secured with WPA2


  2. When tapped on connect: Authenticating...

  3. and then: Authentication Problem


Note that my room-mates (and even I, with my other phone,) can use the hot spot.


Is this an indication of problem with device?


I tried:


1. Forgetting access points and resetting passwords.
2. restarting my phone several times
3. restarting my hotspot several times
4. factory resetting the phone once


nothing worked.



Answer



I solved the problem by replacing the default wifi driver that comes with windows with the one downloaded from manufacturer website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...