Tuesday, July 23, 2019

samsung galaxy s 3 - Disabled app notifications getting automatically re-enabled


I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3.


There's an app I use frequently, but don't want notifications from. Under "App info" I unchecked "Show notifications", and initially this does dismiss the app's notifications. After a few days, I get a notification from the app. Returning to the "App info" page I find that "Show notifications" has become checked again.


It's happened about 5 times in the last month, using the app a couple times per day. Automatic updates are disabled, and I have not updated the app recently. I've checked and verified that notifications do not get re-enabled every time I launch the app, or after a reboot, but otherwise I'm not sure what specific condition precipitates it. The app crashes occasionally on startup, but I don't know if this correlates to notifications getting turned out, especially as the app only sends occasional notifications, imploring me to use it more.


Is there a way to prevent notifications for this app from getting re-enabled?



EDIT: It seems to be getting re-enabled every time I reboot. Will test further to see if I can reproduce it with other apps.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...